*all images are from weheartit*
Have you lost inspiration and motivation? While scanning tumblr, Laura (a blogger friend) expressed how she felt very stuck and asked how people felt alive. Having been there many times before, here are tips on how to get back into life and actually want to live it.
1. Buy Or Pick Flowers- They brighten up room and the world in my opinion.
2. Describe The Color Of The Sky- When was the last time that you looked up at the sky and marveled? Lay in the grass, take moment away from life and describe what you see.
3. Rescue A Pet From Your Local Shelter- Best way to reawaken your life is to save another. If you can, go to your local shelter and look at the adorable creatures that need your help.
4. Go To The Library And Pick Up Some New Reads- What better way to discover new worlds then with a good book.
5. Write An Honest-To-Goodness Snail Mail Letter To Someone- Facebook is common and the chat is stupid. E-mail can be impersonal. Send a snail mail letter to someone and make it completely personal. Also, don't tell the person that you are sending this to them. It will make it even more special.
6. Donate Money Or Time To Something You Believe In- Nothing brings you out of your own head like doing something for someone else. Show compassion and donate your time to someone who is probably going through a very hard situation.
7. Spend Time With People That Make You Happy- Your time is precious. Don't waste your time with people that make you miserable. Spend it with people that love you and are glad that you are with them.
8. Be Honest About Everything (to people and yourself)- Whatever is draining your energy and creativity, don't hide it. Be honest and try to figure out why your blocked. Ask people what they do, look on Google, and go to inspirational websites. Don't lie to yourself and think that your fine.
9. Look At What Your Mistakes Have Taught You And Remember Those Lessons.
10. Take The Next Step (whatever it is, you’re ready).
11. Cheer For Other People’s Victories- Give your approval to others when something good happens. Being a cheerleader in this way will help you in cheering for your own victories.
12. Be Attentive To Your Inner Voice- What are you trying to say? Listen to what your body and mind is trying to tell you.
13. Be More Open About How You Feel (Get off the Blogs and talk to someone who loves you)- I know when something is going on, I would rather write a blog post on it then open up. However, I urge you to get off the internet and talk to someone who has been around the block before.
14. Find A New Website Or Blog That Inspires You- When I lack inspiration, I read Gala Darling's website or go to weheartit.com. The writers of your favorite blogs have favorite blogs of their own. Take a look at the blogs or websites that they follow. This is how I found Nubbytwiglet.com, Unicornsforsocialism.com, and Pollybland.com. What inspires the writer's that you read should inspire you.
15. Find An Affirmation And Repeat It All The Time- I have heard all kinds of affirmations but find/create one that relates to you. When Gala was talking about affirmations in one of her Self Love workshops, she told the story of a girl that says her affirmations over breakfast. Isn't that amazing?
16. Try EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)- It may seem stupid but it really works. It is kind of like positive reinforcement but with exercise.
17. Say Thank You- In Melissa Marr's faery series, the Faeries hate the words 'thank you' because it is taken for granted today. Challenge that by being truly grateful for everything. Be sincere in your interactions with other people.
18. Do Your Best (even when You don't feel like it).
19. Send Someone An Unexpected Gift- While laying in the grass with some of my friends, my friend said that she wanted a Valentine that would give her a cinnamon pop-tart (she as a thing for pop-tarts). I offered to give her one and she suddenly had the biggest smile on her face. When I gave it to her later that day, she ran down the halls jumping for joys. Look around for someone you know that wants something, however small, and make it happen. (With Valentine's Day on Tuesday, it should be much easy to find a gift for someone.)
20. Sleep In- Sleep is VERY important. Sleep in til the early afternoon and enjoy staying in bed for longer than usual.
21. Choose Happiness
22. Wear Something That You Enjoy Wearing- Go to your closet and wear the things that you are happy in. When your blocked, don't wear something that is difficult or painful to wear.
23. Take Photos- Document everything that you do, with all the people that you love and at any moment in the day.
24. Turn Up Your Music- As my sister says, music sounds better the more you turn up the volume. Drown yourself in your favorite songs and sing at the top of your lungs.
25. Your Past Is What Made You Who You Are, Difficult Or Not. Realize That This Is Who You Are Now Because Of It
26. Realize That Bad Things Happen... But They Don't Last- Everything will get better, though many times life is to dark to remember. "It's always dark before the dawn."
27. Hug And Be Hugged- Give them like they are going out of style. They are nothing but warm and filled with love.
28. Be Open And Curious- Don't let the world harden your heart. Explore the world and never allow yourself to grow tired of everything that is to be discovered.
29. Find A Creative Project And Invest Your Heart In It- Find a long project that will give you something to work on for ages. It will make you happy and give you something to pass the time.
30. Write A List Of Things You Appreciate Right Now- This can be as shallow, deep, vague, and/or descriptive as you like.
31. Write A Letter To Your Future Self And Then Hide It Somewhere For You To Find Later
32. Change Your Hair- Nothing makes a person have brighter confidence then a new hairstyle. I swear that I glow for at least two days after I have done something with my hair. You can be a subtle or drastic with your change as you feel comfortable with.
33. Sing Into A Friend's Answering Machine- Channel your inner prankster and go for it!
34. Know That You are Loved
35. For more, check out these articles by some lovely people:
with love and pink hair,